Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More on P.O.T.

I just relooked at my pictures from P.O.T (Primary Officers Training) and was reminded of what a great time I had. I got the opportunity to meet Jim McCaslin, President and COO and Steve Phillips, VP of Quality at Harley Davidson Motor Company. What great guys! They were very open to talking with everyone and answering tons of questions. I just love Steve to pieces - he's very down to earth and truly cares about the rider's concerns and opinions.

Jim McCaslin, WildKat, Steve Phillips

The first night that everyone got there we had a Taco Night at our condo. Edward, Margie and I had been to previous POT trainings so we knew what we were in for. John, Shelley and Alicia were first timers. We tried to tell them that as soon as breakfast was over the first day, it was non-stop until the closing on Saturday afternoon. I saw John after his first class (which was Understanding Risk with the HD lawyer). Very intense class - he came out and quit right there on the spot! - well, he felt like it but he stuck it out. I don't think anyone really knows what is involved in running a chapter of HOG (Harley Owners Group). At the end of the first night, HOG puts on a great dinner party for everyone. We had a very cool surprise this year. Willie G. Davidson (grandson of THE Davidson), his wife Nancy and his daughter Karen made an appearance. They were in town for the Country Music Awards that were taking place over at the MGM and decided to stop by and say hi. What a treat!!!







Edward-Director, Kat-Asst Director, John-Treasurer, Alicia-Secretary


Next blog will have pics of the baby shower...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment