Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bullhead City initiation

Well - I am officially a part of the Bullhead City community! Amy and I went up with my girlfriend Linda and her granddaughter Brittany for a relaxing weekend away. What a blast!! Got up there late Thursday night, got into my pjs and that's was it! We did go over to Harrah's in Laughlin on Friday morning for breakfast - Amy thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate fountain and the strawberries! On our way out I stuck a $5 bill into a slot machine and walked out with $10.50!! That was the extent of my gambling... It was still exciting. Then it was back home and into the pjs. Then on Saturday, Linda had an urge to go to the Goodwill to get a lamp. I was completely comfortable in my pjs so....off to Goodwill we went! I couldn't believe it - I was actually shopping at the Goodwill in my pjs....and no one even noticed!
I had a little scare when we got home - was going through the morning shows before I left for work trying to decide if I needed to DVR any of them. Lo and behold my Tom Jones was going to be on the View!!! Although I will be seeing him on March 10 and again in Vegas on April 1, I had to record him. Well I got a call telling me that he had gone all gray! Oh no - what was I going to do? Would he still be the same sex-bomb of my dreams? Would the gray hair ruin my fantasies? What was he thinking - how could you mess with perfection?!!! I raced home to watch the show and sure enough.... the toes still curled!!!! He even growled at the end of It's So Unusual and I about lost my mind! Now I can look forward to his next two shows with the same anticipation that I always do....
One last thing for this update... I have to brag about my beautiful niece. Shelbey will be 10 in September and I just love her to pieces!! My sister sent me a picture of her and her Daddy on their way to the Father/Daughter Valentine's Day Dance and I just have to share... Aren't they precious?!
That's all for now - will check in with y'all again in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment