Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Busy Week!!

My weekend was packed and hasn't stopped yet! Bill celebrated his 55th birthday on Friday night. We celebrated with 14 of our closest friends on Saturday night having dinner at Black Angus. We had a great time and didn't even get kicked out!!

Then Sunday we had a couple of friends over so that Bill could show off the 50" tv he got as a retirement gift. Nothing like watching football in HDTV!! We had so much food I was still full on Monday!

Speaking of Monday - I had my most vivid blonde moment EVER!!!! Bill flew to Florida on Monday to spend two weeks with my Dad and get in some golfing and testosterone time. He woke up at the crack of dawn and drove into Orange County with me so I could take him to John Wayne airport during my lunch break for his 2:30 flight. Well - by 10:30 he was twidling his thumbs bored out of his mind so we decided I'd take him to the airport early so he could at least get some lunch or something while he was waiting. Well, we got to the car and he looked at his boarding pass.... ONTARIO... his flight was leaving out of ONTARIO!!!! I couldn't believe it! So off he went in my car racing to get to the aiport in time - which he did. Then I called my friend Linda who I knew would relate to my dingyness. I took the train home, her hubby Greg came and got me and took me to her house, then when she got home she drove me all the way to Ontario to get my car. I pulled into my driveway at 10:00 pm just about the time that Bill was texting to let me know he had made it to my Dads. What a day!!

My son Christopher turned 20 on Tuesday! Can't believe where the time goes. He, Jessyka and Steven came up to have lunch with me today. We went to Spires which is a childhood favorite of Chris'. Then I asked if he needed anything...next thing you know we're off to Payless! 6 pairs of shoes and a pack of socks later we were through! Your wallet never closes when you're a Mom (or a Nana!!) - but you do it all with love in your heart and a smile on your face!! In honor of my son's bday, I've included a couple of pictures of him in his younger days.... this is how I will always remember my Bubba.

1 comment:

  1. OMG.... that's MY little bubba :-) How fast the years go......

    ReplyDelete